Monday, November 23, 2009

The Obligatory Introductory Post

You are probably wondering who, what and why.
The who is Allen Hansen, a native born Israeli from the Galilee with a passion for history.
The what is a blog about ancient Judaism, the history of Israel, the Bible, Israeli and Jewish culture, and anything else that might on occasion catch my fancy.
I am also a member of the church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, so some of my posts will be on matters of interest to LDS, while others will try and provide a source of information for LDS on Jewish subjects.
So, why did I pick this name and what does it mean?
Calba Savua, father-in-law of rabbi Akiva, was one of the wealthiest Jews before the great revolt. Calba Savua is a nickname deriving from an Aramaic saying which means as full, or satisfied, as a dog, because no one who would knock on his doors would ever leave empty-handed.
I hope that this blog will have something for everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment